Thursday, May 21, 2009

Nate Draughn Presents and Setting Style...

I have been living out of a car for the past week and I still have over a week ahead of me before I am off to Colorado to settle in. The following week includes Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, and New Jersey...



I put in some extra time prepping the Rise Up climbing gym in Lynchburg, Va for a summer without me. I got a little creative with the new Halo set from Climb It as you can see in the photo below...



I have been a little bit disappointed in the setting quality I have seen in the upper end of the bouldering scale in a lot of the gyms I have been climbing in on the east coast. I have not seen a good climber that sets well or a setter that understands hard bouldering movement in a long time. I think that these setters are few and far between and when I find a gym with a setter that can make it happen for me.... Magic happens... But that is another long conversation and there are bigger and better things to talk about today.

I am very excited to present the second installment of "Nate Draughn Presents" with a guest edit from the acclaimed Jordan Shipman of Louder Than 11. In this episode Nate demonstrates, to an eager crowd, proper condom use and safe sex techniques for the aspiring sexually active teen...

Nate Draugn Presents: How to Put on a Condom


There will be many more of these to come so prepare for greatness. In the mean time I am off to drive the entire east coast in a week and then drive out to Colorado and live the dream....

Jon G.

3 comments:

  1. really? you can't think of any progressively minded setters on the east coast? not even ONE?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maxim Zolotukin - you are a visionary setter... I love your style.

    ReplyDelete